Skin Cancer Treatment Sarasota FL
Skin Cancer Treatment Available in Sarasota, FL, and the Surrounding Areas at Dermatology Associates
There are many different skin cancer treatment options available in Sarasota and other nearby communities in Florida, at Dermatology Associates. Our team of board-certified physicians has been working together for years and is highly experienced in treating different types of skin cancer, including melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, and pre-cancerous growths known as actinic keratosis. In business since 2002, we have continually provided first-class care to our patients, helping them understand their conditions and providing them with the latest and most advanced treatment options available.
Dermatology Associates has several offices throughout the Sarasota, Florida, area and can offer diagnosis and treatment services under the same roof for your convenience. We are knowledgeable in the latest and most advanced skin cancer treatment options currently available, including:
- Mohs surgery – This advanced procedure can only be performed by a specially trained physician and involves removing the tumor layer by layer until no cancerous tissue remains while preserving the surrounding healthy tissue.
- PhotoDynamic Therapy™ (PDT) – This treatment is particularly useful for pre-cancerous lesions (actinic keratosis) and involves a topical cream such as Levulan® that is activated using a blue light.
- Cryotherapy – This method destroys the skin cancer by freezing it.
- Curettage – This treatment involves scraping superficial lesions from the surface of the skin.
- Excisional surgery – This surgery removes the tumor as well as some of the surrounding healthy tissue.
When you visit Dermatology Associates to discuss your skin cancer treatment options, you can be assured that we’ll hear out your concerns, answer your questions, and fully explain your options to help you determine the most suitable course of action. We strive to provide each and every patient with compassionate, cutting-edge, and comprehensive care.
If you or a loved one is interested in receiving skin cancer treatment at Dermatology Associates, then contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our conveniently located offices in and around Sarasota, FL.