Skin Cancer Treatment Bradenton FL
Dermatology Associates Offers Skin Cancer Treatment for Patients in Bradenton, FL
Residents of Bradenton, Florida, seeking skin cancer treatment can turn to Dermatology Associates for all of their skin care needs. Our dermatologists are highly skilled and experienced in screening for and treating different types of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma, as well as pre-cancerous growths like actinic keratosis. We provide our patients with compassionate, cutting-edge, and comprehensive care for all of their skin concerns.
There are several different skin cancer treatment options available at Dermatology Associates, and we can help you determine which option is most suitable for you. We take into consideration the type and extent of skin cancer, its location on the body, and other factors to determine which method of treatment is most suitable. The different types of treatment we offer include:
- Excisional surgery – This type of surgery removes the abnormal cells as well as some of the surrounding tissue.
- Cryotherapy – Also called cryosurgery, this procedure involves freezing the cancerous tissue to destroy it.
- Curettage – This technique involves scraping a superficial lesion from the skin’s surface.
- Mohs surgery – Mohs surgery is a highly specialized form of skin cancer treatment that is similar to curettage. It involves inspecting each layer of skin microscopically to detect cancer cells in order to preserve the largest amount of surrounding healthy tissue.
- PhotoDynamic Therapy™ (PDT) – For pre-cancerous and superficial lesions, this treatment involves applying a topical cream and then activating it using a special blue light.
When you visit one of our offices located in or near Bradenton, FL, you’ll know you’re in good hands. Our dermatologists take the time to listen to your concerns, answer all of your questions, and fully explain your diagnosis and treatment options.
Whether you’re in need of skin cancer treatment, a screening, or other skin care services, Dermatology Associates has your skin concerns covered. Contact us today for more information and to schedule an appointment at our Bradenton, FL, office or any of our other nearby locations.